Card image

Free DWI Case Evaluations. Call: (315) 364-1155

DWI Defense Articles

Can I re-open and fight a DWI case from 5 years ago?

by David Bruffett on 3/23/2020

Yes, Depending on where the DWI Conviction Occurred

Yes, depending on the county in which you received the original DWAI conviction. You may be able to take advantage of a motion process that permits the old conviction to be re-opened and substituted with a conviction for an alternative, less harmful charge.

Re-opening cases is very fact specific.  You should contact an attorney in your area and make an inquiry as to a possible coram nobis motion.

Need help with a DWI charge?

It is important to learn about the charge and act fast to minimize the impact on your life.

Our experienced traffic defense DWI are always available for a complimentary case evaluation and defense strategy session.

Call Now (315) 364-1155


Azria & Bruffett PLLC BBB Business Review